• Dr Peter Chew


Q. I am 34 years old and have been married for a year. Every time I am intimate with my wife, I feel pain as the skin over the penis cannot be stretched completely. I am very keen to have a baby. What should I do?

A. You may have phimosis, a medical condition where the foreskin is tight and unable to retract over the head of the penis during erection. It is caused by a tight band or a ring in the foreskin. If retraction is possible when the penis is flaccid, it is termed partial phimosis; if retraction is not possible at all, it is known as full phimosis. To relieve the pain during sex and improve your chances of conception, you could try: 1. Gradual and gentle stretching of the foreskin with or without using the steroid cream 2. If this fails, you should consult an urologist for surgical treatment which includes cutting the band or ring, or performing a circumcision.

80 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
  • White YouTube Icon
  • Instagram

6258 8816 / 9183 4483 (Whatsapp)

308 Shunfu Rd, #01-165, Singapore 570308

©2018 by aLife Limited.

Data Protection Notice | Terms of Use